Thursday, January 5, 2012

BIG and little's - 1/4/2012

Lunch today at BIG and little's (860 N. Orleans). This mostly seafood, take-out shack is run by former Hell's Kitchen contestant Tony D'Alessandro (a.k.a. little) and Gary Strauss (a.k.a. BIG), and yes, size wise they live up to their monikers. I have actually been here a half dozen times since it's a 10 minute walk from work.

I'll say this place hands down has my favorite fish and chips in town and all the different enormous po'boys I've tried there (soft shell crab, pork belly, oyster) were great.

This time around I tried their Samurai Whitefish taco with a side of truffle fries (fries not pictured because they were inhaled). The fish was perfectly fried with pickled jalapenos and a spicy mayo sauce. I hear they also have some of the best burgers around but I always get hung up on the seafood.

Fish tacos are between $4 and $5 and the sandwiches can get into the $11 to $16 range but totally worth it. Also expect to wait 20 minutes or more as it's been more of a hoppin joint after being featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.


Samurai Whitefish taco - 8 Adal's

Truffle fries (not pictured) - 7 Adal's


Samurai Whitefish taco with pickled jalapenos

No comments:

Post a Comment